Saturday, December 19, 2009

Could hair loss be an effect of an allergy to a certain dye/shampoo?

For the first time I've been using Redken shampoo and hair color. Since that, my hair has been falling out, or shedding pretty significantly.


I saw another question where the asker said that she heard it could possibly be anemia.


This could be the case, but the only problem is that this didn't start happening until after I began using the redken products.





Does anyone else know why this may be happening?


So far, my plan consists of taking iron, Biotin, and discontinuing the use of my redken shampoo. Does this sound like the right course of action?Could hair loss be an effect of an allergy to a certain dye/shampoo?
i used redken shampoo to and it made my hair reallly brittle and i had some amount of hair loss but not significantly i stopped using it though and now my hair is greatCould hair loss be an effect of an allergy to a certain dye/shampoo?
yes but u should see ur doctor
I guess it could be an allergy. You could switch product to see if it stops. However, it could be something more serious (medically speaking). Before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism I was shedding very significantly and it turned out that this was one of the symptoms of untreated hypothyroidism. Good luck.
That's a good way to start. Be ure to get it checked by a profsional though, just to be sure. Good luck!
discontinuing the use of the shampoo should do it. I wish I could blame it on that.
Herbal essences makes my hair and eyelashes fall out in clumps.
actually it's alopecia that makes your hair fall out...not anemia...you could be allergic to certain products...see an allergist to get tested.
I think the shampoo is your problem. I knew someone who experienced the same thing with Clairol hair dye. Seeing your doctor is a good though. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment