Saturday, December 19, 2009

How do you take care of side effects from lice shampoo?

My husband and I treated our heads for lice since our kids had it. I did my second treatment 7 days after the first and now my head is itching like crazy. I do not have lice in my hair anymore it is just a side effect from the medicine. The doctor prescribed Allegra for the itching but it is not helping. Is there any type of home remedy to stop the itching?How do you take care of side effects from lice shampoo?
Bless your heart...I've been there a time or two myself. My daughter is extremely allergic to the shampoos for lice. So i researched and found a natural alternative. I use mayonnaise. I slather our heads down thoroughly..put on a good shower cap and keep it on ALL day long. Before we wash it out we use the blow dryer to heat the mayonnaise through the shower cap and then shampoo out. Add tea trea oil to the shampoo and allow to sit for awhile and rinse and REPEAT. You have to get the nits when you're done. And don't forget to do the whole house. I spray the carpet wit vinegar daily and then vacuum ever day for about a month.





hope the info helps.





Whether everyone has them or not ALL need to be treated and also retreated in a few days...just as a precaution





skipping family not infested , skipping the retreat and failing to do what's needed in the house can leave ';stones unturned'; and you could end up with a headache later. You also should let the parents of other kids they play with know so they can take appropriate measures. And be aware that some kids can re infest if their parents don't take approp. measures...How do you take care of side effects from lice shampoo?
It sounds as though you maybe repeatedly exposed to this situation if you are foster parents(which I think is GREAT) so your local DHS/Children's services must not have given you all any pointers on lice. Firstly, if you and husband had no lice, don't do treatment on yourself. And you definitely should not have done a repeat. So now you are having a reaction, a good home remedy for the itch and for lice is mayonnaise. Place the mayo in your hair/scalp and cover with shower cap and let sit for 30-60 minutes. Then for lice/nits comb hair with nit comb and wash.(vinegar is also good for getting rid of lice/nits, use three parts vinegar to one part water{I prefer mayo}) Also for itch they make several hair products with oatmeal that are good





You might find some useful info at www.headlice.org





Also FYI for you jokers out there remember lice perfer clean hair
Stop getting lice!
Add tea tree oil to your shampoo, it kills lice and soothes the scalp.
there is a medicated shampoo at your grocer that is mild, you should have checked around before you used what you did, shampoo with regular shampoo, it will soon go away.
Head and shoulders. Or try olive oil ,it smothers the nits too,Worked for me years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment