Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dentinox cradle cap shampoo... side effects?

Last night I used Dentinox cradle cap shampoo on my 3 month old son, I've used it before, and it was fine, but this morning, I woke up to find him with a bright red scalp! It doesn't seem to be bothering him, but I want to know if anyone else has found this?


The shampoo seems to have highlighted his cradle cap in bright red!Dentinox cradle cap shampoo... side effects?
I found that too - I never used it again. My daughter is now 3 and has dermatitis on her scalp - I'm not blaming that shampoo, I'm saying that she obviously has a very sensitive scalp.


If the cradle cap comes back - give him a bath and wash his hair well, then just use a fine toothed plastic nit comb to pull the gunk out. It's not pleasant, but it's gentle and it works. I did that with my second and it hasn't came back since.Dentinox cradle cap shampoo... side effects?
I'm not sure if this will help you as i have not used Dentinx cradle cap but i have used Dentinox colic drops. I took my daughter off it after a week of using it, It smelt very strong, too strong. Tasted terrible! I wouldn't put it in my mouth and didn't want to put it in hers and her stools went very watery. I thought it was really bad and chucked it in the bin! As a result of it i don't like the brand Dentinox and think it's way too strong for babies! Sounds like it could be the same with the shampoo judging by what you say. I'd use a different brand i was you.
Hi There


We had the same problem, and also had the redness all over my wee man's body as I wash his hair while in the bath so I stopped using it.


My health visitor said to use Aqueos Cream, you can get it at the chemist - it has helped though maybe not as quickly as the Dentinox would have.


Good luck


x
Oh, I used it on my LO when she was younger and she was fine, i don't remember it making her head red!!!





Is there a number on the bottle or the box you could ring and speak to them? If not then maybe stop using it for a week or so till it goes and try using it again to see of it still happens?
It's the rubbing action you use to massage the shampoo into the scalp that causes the redness. Don't worry it will subside as the day goes on.


Try olive oil, it sounds gross but it works a treat!
I used it from time to time and didn't have this problem. It cleared up the cradle cap with no side effects. But you should stop using it. Try olive oil. It's supposed to work just as well.
oh dear :(


the best thing to treat cradle cap is good old olive oil, leave it on his head overnight, and the next morning the cradle cap will lift right off :)





Take care you, Lulu x
http://allinifo.colors.at


A very informative website, kindly stay a minute in website and enter you email address for getting your answer.
  • albinism
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment